There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of metal detecting sites and pages on the Internet these days. On Facebook alone, there are pages for just about every location and specialty you could want. And if not, you can quickly and easily make one yourself!
This page is dedicated to sharing such resources, trying to stay specific to those of interest to beginners, though there may be other content included on these sites, as well. There are more resources listed in my book.
Disclaimer: I list these links only to share detecting information. I’m not responsible for, nor may I always agree with, other content you may find on these sites.
- You can find BUNCHES of metal detecting-related pages and groups on Facebook, just search on a specific term and you’re likely to find what you want. Here’s mine.
- Some really eclectic and interesting stuff here.
- Aquachigger – Veteran detectorist Beau Ouimette
- DJ Digs – From my best diggin’ buddy, DJ Yost
- NuggetNoggin – Michael Bennett
- Relic News – Canadian Laurie Gagne
- The SilverSlingers – Dominique Ivy Da Silva and Mark Durant
- DJDigs – D.J. Yost
- Dirt Girl Unleashed – Whit Hill
- Relic Recoverist – Jocelyn Elizabeth
- Stout Standards – Dick Stout
- American Digger – I’m on the staff of this publication, which I consider the finest in the hobby.
- Lost Treasure
- Western & Eastern Treasures
Manufacturer Newsletters & Blogs
- Fisher Finds
- Garrett Searcher
- Minelab Success Stories
- Tesoro Articles
- White’s Electronics Discover
- XP Finds